Heating Repair in Collin County
Effective Repairs for Malfunctioning Heating Systems
When the cooler temperatures arrive, it signals the time when you will be operating your heating system regularly. That is when most people discover an issue with their furnace, boiler, or heat pump. If your heater is struggling, contact the heating repair specialists at C.A.S. Air Conditioning & Heating, LLC. We offer heating repair in Collin County, serving both homes and businesses.
When to Call for Professional Heating Repair
When you notice anything about your heating system that appears abnormal, it is best to call a reputable heating repair contractor to check it out. An experienced technician can properly examine and diagnose any issue you may be having with your heater. After a thorough inspection, you will be provided with the best options for repairing the unit to prevent unnecessary replacements as well as encourage regular maintenance to ensure your heating system continues to perform efficiently.
There are several signs demonstrating that it’s time to call for heating repair, including:
- Reduced air flow – The air ducts and vents may be blocked, or the air handler may have problems, forcing the heating system to overwork, which could cause a bigger malfunction.
- Unusual sounds – If there are any noises that do not belong in your HVAC system, get them checked out right away to prevent larger issues from developing. Parts may be wearing down and on the verge of breaking.
- No or low heat – Cold air is a dead giveaway that something is wrong with your heating system. Get help to make your system work efficiently again.
- High energy bill – When your monthly utility bill for electric and gas zoom way up, this is a red flag that your heating system is not operating as efficiently as it once was.
- Unhealthy indoor air quality – If the air flowing from the ductwork vents of your heating system is hazy, smokey, or emits an odor, this is something to check out right away. A malfunctioning heater may be moving air that is unhealthy and full of harmful contaminants.
Why Is My Heater Blowing Cold Air?
If that dreaded moment has come where your heating system is blowing cold air, you are likely wondering why. In some cases, you might just have to wait a bit longer for your heater to heat up. Your unit is composed of several moving parts that don’t produce warmth instantly. This is especially true when the heater is being turned on for the first time since the last heating season. Typically, your heating system will take up to 15 minutes to start blowing warm air. If it takes longer than this, your unit likely has a problem that needs to be repaired.
Common causes of heaters blowing warm air include:
- Dirty air filter – When an air filter is dirty, it can block the airflow of your heating system and cause your unit to blow cold air. Changing or cleaning the filter may remedy the problem.
- System has overheated – Whether due to dirt buildup, old age, or mechanical failure, your heater can overheat, leading to the system losing the ability to heat your air.
- Leaky air ducts – The warm air produced by your heater can escape through holes in your ductwork. These leaks will need to be located and repaired.
- Thermostat issues – Your thermostat may be improperly set or have faulty wiring within it. Some thermostats are incompatible with certain heating systems.
- Clogged condensate line – Some heating systems have condensate lines that carry water away from the unit. When these lines become clogged, the system may fail and begin to blow cold air.
If you’re having trouble figuring out why your heater is not performing as it should, reach out to C.A.S Air Conditioning & Heating, LLC for a fast and effective solution.
We called C.A.S air and heating and they came out not only the same day, but within a couple of hours. In minutes he had the problem diagnosed and had us back up and running. I cannot say enough about the professionalism of Chad. I would highly recommend!- Mike A.
- Extensive Experience Since 2002
- Honesty Above All Else
- Straightforward Approach
- Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Locally Owned & Operated
- Family-Owned & Operated